Thursday, November 8, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

Yeah, you read that right. Happy Thanksgiving.

My brother-in-law and his wife are in town from Phoenix, Arizona and we decided to celebrate Thanksgiving while they're in town. Last night we had a wonderful turkey dinner with all the trimmings, delicious desserts and a fun time visiting with Tami's side of the family. There were only two things missing--- My brother-in-law, Dale and football on TV. Other than that, we had a great time :-)

I must sing the praises of the turkey. No, not the turkey itself, but the preparation of the turkey. Tami brined the turkey. Brining is kind of like marinating. Dissolve salt and brown sugar in water. Add oranges, lemons, sage, rosemary, parsley and thyme. Then put all that stuff in a food safe 5 gallon bucket and soak the turkey for 12-24 hours. Delicious, flavorful and moist. Great job, Honey!

And btw--- today I get to enjoy leftovers. While my teacher friends have sandwiches and salads for lunch, I will dine on a turkey feast. Lucky me!




No comments:

Post a Comment