Friday, November 16, 2012

Goodbye, Ding Dongs!

Goodbye, Ding Dongs. Adios, Twinkies. See you later, King Dons. Ta Ta, Fruit Pies. Bye bye, Ho Ho's.

Hostess snack cakes announced today they will be closing operations forever.I can't really say this is going to affect me though. Hostess products have always been too expensive. My family buys the cheaper, knock off brand, Little Debbies. I don't really know who's to blame in this big mess. It doesn't really matter I suppose... I guess it's just a sign of the times. I must admit however, I do like some of the more obscure Hostess products... The fruit pies, the orange flavored cupcakes, powdered donettes and snow balls are wonderful. I didn't buy them very often though. My wallet and expanding waistline being the two main reasons. On a serious note, I have an uncle who has worked for Hostess for more than 35 years. I have no idea how this will affect him. I'm guessing he's close to retirement. Maybe this will force him into early retirement or maybe he will get a severance package. I surely hope he doesn't have to look for a new job. He's in his early 60's... hardly a time to start a new career.


No comments:

Post a Comment