Sunday, November 25, 2012

Spreading the word

It has been my experience in life that any time my family has a need, God fills that need. This has always been the case without exception. We pray about the specific need and God answers... not always in the way we think He will, but he certainly fills the need.

It has also been my experience that if I tell anybody and everybody about the need, God will provide someone that will help.

In this case I have two specific needs:

First, we are possibly in need of a relatively inexpensive and reliable used car. Michael's car is hemorrhaging oil. It's not dripping, it's not leaking steadily, it's absolutely pouring out of the car. Without getting too technical, we found out the repair would be very involved and in turn very expensive. The advice we received was it may be better to buy a different car rather than pump a ton of money into the current one. I'm thinking this is sound advice and have begun the search for the right car. So, to all my friends and family out there... if you have (or hear of) a used car that isn't a rolling hunk of junk, I would be interested in hearing from you. It doesn't have to be a Cadillac... just a solid used car for a poor college student.

Second, I am seriously considering a part time, second job. With the current economy, things have gotten a bit rough financially and we have tightened our belts in the last 6 months. We cancelled satellite TV, stopped all recreational activities that cost anything (going to the movies etc...), we only drive when it's necessary, we have worked at buying the cheapest groceries possible (have you seen the prices at the grocery store lately?), and are wearing clothes until they are threadbare. Let me be clear about something though... we are making ends meet (barely) and we have no debt (other than our mortgage). We are not sinking. It's important to note that I am not poor mouthing it here and we are blessed beyond measure. We have EVERYTHING we need... and I do mean EVERYTHING! But getting back to the second job... I would be interested in a second job, but it must be a good fit for me. After school hours, but not too late. Not too physically demanding (I'm not afraid of physical labor, but I am getting a bit older). Something that will be worth my time away from my family (not minimum wage). I guess as a teacher with nearly 25 years experience and a Masters Degree, I can afford to be a little bit picky about a second job. So I guess what I'm asking here is if you hear of somebody or someplace in need of a reliable, trustworthy, part time worker with an iron clad work ethic, please let me know. Who knows? Maybe somebody out there has just what I need. I do know I won't find out unless I ask.

You may rest assured of one thing. I am praying about both these needs and I would ask you to do the same. God is sovereign and His will not my will be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment