Sunday, November 11, 2012

Taking advantage of the warm weather

The weather was beautiful this weekend. When the temperature hits 70 in mid-November, it would be a shame to waste it sitting indoors. There will be plenty of time for that during the long, cold, dreary winter.

Yesterday I put up my outdoor Christmas lights. I know it's a little early, but in the past I have put up the lights in freezing weather conditions. Not this year... The day wasn't without its problems though. Only about half my lights worked. How can these lights not work? I put them away so carefully last year. It's makes no sense. At any rate, I was only able to put up half the amount of lights I normally do.

Today after church I took the family to Newport on the Levee. We walked across the Purple People Bridge and had a bite to eat afterward. It was a really nice day and it was great to have Michael and Abby together for a family outing. We don't get to do things like that much anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment