Friday, November 30, 2012

Turning the Page

Tomorrow I turn the page. I'm not talking about a new chapter in my life. I'm only referring to turning the page on the calendar. I can't believe December is here.

December brings three thoughts to my mind:

1) The Christmas Holiday Season
2) Winter barreling toward me like a runaway train
3) The last month with my mom until she heads to Florida until April

I won't spend any time talking about Christmas today. Many of my December blog posts will be dedicated to this blessed season.

Winter. Yuck! I can't stand it! I don't like to be cold. I don't like snow. I don't like living in darkness. I don't like being cooped up indoors. I don't like anything about winter except Christmas. I'm sure you'll see quite a few posts documenting my disdain for everything winter in the next few months. I am not quiet about it. Get ready folks!

As if winter wasn't bad enough, it gets worse for me when my mom and Cliff go to Florida for 4 months. I really, really miss them when they're gone. Don't get me wrong. I am happy they get to escape the clutches of Cincinnati winter. In fact, I'm downright jealous. There is one good thing about mom and Cliff spending their winter in Florida (other than the obvious advantages of warm weather and sunshine). Since my sister lives in Florida, mom gets to see her on a regular basis. That's something she doesn't get to do in the spring and summer.

If I can't go to Florida in the winter (I can't because I'm not retired...), I at least wish I could be like a bear and hibernate until spring. I guess there's not much chance of that either. I'll just have to slog through another cold, dark, dreary, bone-chilling, slipping and sliding winter. Oh woe is me!




No comments:

Post a Comment