Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Gettin' Down With My Crafty Self!

Last week I admitted to my participation on a website called Pinterest. It's a very popular site and even if you don't use it, you are probably familiar with it. I have continued browsing on Pinterest and have gotten some really neat ideas from it. Tami teasingly says I'm the only guy on Pinterest, but I personally know of quite a few men who are on it. They may not freely admit it like I do, but they're on there!

I never thought I'd be the type of person who developed an interest in crafts, but because of Pinterest, I have. Don't worry, I'm not turning into some girly-man. Lots of guys like crafts. Shucks, my grandpa was really good at creating stained glass projects. I had one grandma who knitted and the other grandma crocheted. Those would qualify as crafts, right? My own wife created container candles for a few years. She got really good at it and made awesome candles. In fact they were so awesome, she sold out of them quickly every time she made a batch. She'd probably still be making them today, but when we moved to Indiana she no longer had the proper facilities to make candles.

Well... last night instead of wasting my evening watching garbage on TV or surfing the internet, I decided to try my hand at one of the simpler crafts I found on Pinterest. I am making Christmas trees out of wine corks. I got a good start on them, but won't be able to finish until tonight. I am very eager to see what they look like when finished. I think they're going to look pretty cool. I'll post a photo of the finished product as soon as I can. My only problem is I am now running low on corks. I have two choices... I can either drink lots more wine or ask my friends to save them for me. I think I'll opt for the latter. Wine is expensive and I have no interest in developing a drinking problem. Does anybody out there have wine corks laying around? If so, I'd love to have them.

Make fun of me if you want to, but I'm having s ball with this new found hobby. It doesn't cost anything (all my projects will be done with things I already have or can acquire at no cost) and it keeps my mind occupied... almost therapeutic I guess :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment