Thursday, November 29, 2012

The Gang's All Here!

Hail! Hail! The gang's all here! (or at least they WERE).

Last week, my sister Cheri, her husband John and their two girls were in town from Florida. They've only lived in Tampa for a few years, but it seems like much longer. Unfortunately we don't get to see them very often because of the distance between here and there.

It's sad that the times are rare when my mom and all three of her kids (and their families of course) can all be together. We were blessed last week when we could all be together for Thanksgiving. It's strange... I know I miss seeing my sister, but I don't realize how much until I'm actually with her.

Mom and Cliff put together an incredible meal and we all ate until we were stuffed. Then we hung out, played games and enjoyed catching up with each other. It was a real blast! We were also happy that Cheri and her family finally got to meet Sveta. That was a big plus for the day.

The fun ended much too soon. It would have been great to spend a lot more time with them, but alas, all good things must come to an end :-( I don't know when I will get to see the Florida contingent of the family again. Until we do, I only have one request. Send us a little bit of that Florida sunshine this winter. We'll be freezing up here!

No comments:

Post a Comment