Monday, January 14, 2013

Condo Life

It looks like Michael will be moving out of the house in a few weeks. I have many thoughts about this.

First, I am prepared for this to be final. In other words, it's very likely he will live away from home all through college and will likely get married not too long after. I was not prepared for this when Jessi went away to college. I guess I was naive in thinking she might ever move back home. At least this time I recognize the possibility that he may never live with us again.

Second, Michael moving out puts me 2/3 of the way to an empty nest. Abby abhors the idea of being an "only child".

Last, there's something not quite right when my son is moving into a place that's a lot nicer than my own home. He and a few of his buddies are renting a brand new, 3 bedroom condo. The father of one of these buddies just purchased it. We went yesterday to have a little peek at the place. To say I was surprised at what I saw would be a gross understatement. This place is NICE! The condo itself has 3 bedrooms and 2 baths, a fireplace (electric), nice furnishings and even an over-sized bathtub in one of the two bathrooms. Although I doubt any of these college guys will be taking any bubble baths :-) There is a small patio suitable for entertaining (these guys are going to invite their parents over for a cookout, right?) They also have a clubhouse, fitness center, swimming pool, gazebo and a nice sized pond (fishing permitted!).

The condo is very close to campus (less than two miles) and Michael's girlfriend has offered to cook for the guys as long as they buy the groceries. Tough life for this group of young bachelors, eh?

Here's the entrance:

Here's the waterfall just inside the entrance:

Here are a couple photos of the pond, gazebo and some condos in the background:


Here's the party patio:

Here are some other condos:



No comments:

Post a Comment