Friday, January 18, 2013

Not exactly a day off

Twice a year teachers utilize what is called a teacher work day. Some schools call it a record keeping day. No matter what you call it, it's a day for teachers to grade tests, calculate grades, prepare report cards, clean their classrooms and wrap up any loose ends at the end of the semester. Today is that day for me. I always enjoy these days. I get a ton of work done without the multitude of interruptions I experience in a typical school day. Even though I will work non-stop for eight hours (except lunch), it hardly seems like work at all. I turn on some music, get down to business and before I know it, the five o'clock whistle blows and it's time to go home. Teachers often joke that the school would be a nice place to work if it weren't for all these kids! It's all in fun of course, but I do marvel at how much work I can get done when the kids are off for the day.
And just in case you're wondering why I'm posting on my blog instead of doing teacher stuff. You can rest easy... I typed this as a draft last night. It only took a few clicks of the mouse to post it this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment