Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Impending Doom!

NEWSFLASH! This blogger would rather take a daily beating with a big stick than deal with winter in the midwest. Well, maybe I'm exaggerating... but only a little. So far, the winter has been bearable. Cold, but not frigid. Accumulating snow has been at a minimum. In the next week or two, that looks to change (at least the temperature part). After unseasonably warm temperatures over the weekend (I'll take 67 in January!), the air is cold again. The weather man says next week is going to be colder than this week. Not exactly what a warm weather guy wants to hear. Relief is still a long way off. There are a lot of short days and long, cold nights ahead before we get to bask in the gloriousness of spring again. Why does winter get me so down so much? I honestly don't know. I know I don't like to be cold. I despise it actually. I know I don't like driving in or shoveling snow. I know I like long, hot days and short, warm nights. I know gloomy days far outnumber clear ones in the winter. I know being cooped up in the house can drive a man to the brink of madness. Whoever coined the term "Cabin Fever", was dead on! I've got cabin fever and the only prescription is more cowbell! (Sorry, that's a Christopher Walken reference if you're not familiar). Actually the only prescription is sunshine, daylight and warmth. I'd say winter is for the birds, but hey, even THEY fly south for the winter. I wish I could go with them.

Flyin' South!

Flyin' South--- IN STYLE!

No comments:

Post a Comment