Wednesday, January 2, 2013

I can't do it... yet.

I know it's time. I know I should do it. I just can't bring myself to do it.... yet.

I'm talking about my Christmas decorations. I don't want to take them down. It has been such a wonderful Christmas season, I just don't want it to end. I know as soon as I take everything down, the house will be kind of plain and there will be nothing but a long, dreary winter staring me in the face. As long as my decorations are up, it feels like I'm still on vacation. But tomorrow I go back to work and I must concede the holidays are over. The decorations will come down within the week and I will start dealing with my PCTSD (Post Christmas Traumatic Stress Disorder), more commonly known as the winter blahs.

The outside lights may stay up for a while. They will not come down until the weather warms up a little bit. The inside decorations? I am only delaying the inevitable :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment