Friday, January 4, 2013

Stale?

Just like day old bread, a cheesy nightclub act or a bag of chips left open on the counter, I think the blog has gotten a little stale. I received some well intentioned, constructive criticism saying as much. I had to agree. There's only so much you can say about the best granddaughter in the whole world. Talking about holiday crafts and Christmas traditions will only carry me so far. Cincinnati sports teams are too depressing to make a steady diet of blog posts about them. My whining about the difficulties of working in public education are not entertaining to read. So I'd like to ask you folks, what would you like to see on the blog? I'm open to fresh and new ideas. I don't want anybody to get tired of reading this mush. Any thoughts?

Keep in mind I post something almost every day. I sometimes find myself with "Blogger's Block" (the online version of writer's block). Occasionally I struggle with a topic for the day. Let's face it... my life is NOT that exciting. I don't have something interesting to report every day, but I do my best.

So here's my attempt to try something different for today: You all are well aware of my newfound interest in some crafty projects. I have often posted photos of my successes. What you don't get to see is when a project or idea flops. Trust me, it happens. Last night I happened upon a humorous website called "Pinstrosity". It's a site dedicated to all the failed projects people have tried from Pinterest. I guess it's a cross between Pinterest and monstrosity. Here are a few of my favorites. Enjoy!

Here's what the cake is supposed to look like:

Here's the fail:

Pretty Candles, huh?

These? Not so much...








No comments:

Post a Comment