Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Back to back, Jack!

A friend from church called me yesterday and offered me a free ticket to the Reds game. Sadly I had to decline his generous offer. I didn't listen to the game last night either. I had a dinner date with my #1 granddaughter and her parents. Tami arranged a surprise dinner with them because it's teacher appreciation week. I don't normally "celebrate" teacher appreciation week, but if Sveta wanted to see her Goppa, then by golly who am I to say no to that? However, I didn't know about this surprise when I declined the offer of the ticket from my friend. Anyway, By the time I got home I was just too tired to do anything.

Of course on one of the rare nights I didn't tune in, the Reds pulled off the most dramatic, exciting victory of the season. The Reds were down by a run in the bottom of the 9th inning. There were 2 outs, nobody on base and the batter (Devin Mesoraco) was down to his last strike. Atlanta's most dominant pitcher needed only one more strike to seal the victory. Mesoraco promptly knocked the next pitch out of the park to tie the game. If that wasn't exciting enough, the next batter, Shin Soo Choo blasted a game winning, walk off home run to send the delirious fans home on a happy note. That's back to back home runs, Jack!

Even with all that... I don't regret turning down the ticket and I don't regret not tuning in on the radio. I'd much rather spend time with my granddaughter. There will be other exciting games. Sveta won't be five forever. This was a no brainer!

No comments:

Post a Comment