Monday, May 6, 2013

How we lookin'?

Everybody knows how much I enjoy Reds baseball. In particular my fondness for listening to the game on the radio. Add to that a warm day, a gentle breeze and a cold beverage and I'm set for a couple of hours. The more I've listened to these games, the more I've gotten to know the broadcasters. Marty Brennamen and Jeff Brantley (aka The Cowboy), make you feel like you are the only listener and they are speaking to only you. You get to know their speech inflections and patterns, their personalities, their likes and dislikes, their favorite phrases and their quirks. One of my favorites is uttered when things are not going well for the Reds. When a player makes a particularly boneheaded move or the other team is scoring runs seemingly at will, one will ask, "How we lookin'?" The expected reply is, "Not good. Not good at all!".

I bring this all up because of the upcoming party at my house Saturday. It's 5 days away and I'm already closely monitoring the weather forecast. The outlook is for scattered rain most of the week including Saturday. This concerns me greatly because the forecast yesterday called for scattered showers. Ummm... it rained ALL DAY and ALL NIGHT! Scattered showers indeed! As I look at the forecast for the next 5 days I feel like I must ask myself, "How we lookin'?". The answer is obvious. "Not good. Not good at all!".
 

No comments:

Post a Comment