Friday, May 3, 2013

Red when I'm dead

I'm not a morbid person. I'm not into dark humor or anything that deals with death. Though it seems our society has become obsessed with death. Look at the popularity of shows like CSI. There are tons of shows like this. It's not that I'm afraid of death. It's quite the opposite. I am quite secure in where I am going after my death. I will leave my earthly body and dwell in paradise with my Savior forever. I don't spend much time thinking about my own funeral, but will admit that it has crossed my mind. Is that weird? I've only had three thoughts about my own funeral. First, I want it to be a celebration of my life (not weeping and wailing because I'm gone). Second, there are a few songs I want sung at my funeral. Third, I don't want my family to spend a lot of money on my funeral. Big, fancy, expensive funerals are nothing but a waste of money. For all I care you can put me in a pine box, have a simple church service and throw some dirt on me. It makes no difference to me... I won't be there anyway. I would never really want this, but in fun, might I suggest this casket?


If I'm cremated, how about this urn?


I'll be Cincinnati Red even when I'm dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment