Friday, May 31, 2013

Tick Tock!

After today, only 4 days of school remain. My pathetic little countdown continues and time marches on! I finish with students next Thursday and have "Teacher Work Day" on Friday. And FYI... it really is a work day. Report cards are due, my classroom is cleaned and everything is stowed and covered for the summer. This year I have the added task of moving everything out of my old classroom and into my new one. After 23 years of teaching, I've accumulated quite a bit of stuff. It's going to be a happy day when I leave school one week from today. I will still be working two jobs this summer, but it's a different kind of work. I don't really mind it and the extra income helps a lot.

It's going to be a tough road getting there though. As we say in the education biz... the kids are done. They have checked out. I won't lie. By this time every year, the teachers have checked out too. The difference is, we still do our jobs. We don't just throw on the brakes and bring everything to a screeching halt the way the kids do. We'll work to the very end.

You know how things will go next week...

4... 3... 2... 1... SUMMER!

No comments:

Post a Comment