Monday, May 13, 2013

The mind of a 5 year old

This is a day late, but Happy Mothers Day to all the mothers in my life. To my own mom to whom I am eternally grateful for all she did to make me the man I am today. To my wife, the mother of my three children. This woman has the strongest maternal instinct of any woman I have ever known. Mess with one of her babies and this mama bear will take your head off and feed it to the dogs... and that's putting it delicately. To my daughter Jessi who become Sveta's mommy last year. This brave woman traveled half way across the world and battled the Russian court system to bring her child home. To my sister and sisters-in-law and my mother-in-law... Happy Mothers Day to all of you. You are all admired and appreciated.


Speaking of Mothers Day... I mentioned some of the cute things Sveta said on Saturday. She also brought Tami (Grandma) a Mothers Day Present. Jessi asked Sveta questions where she had to fill in the blanks. Her answers were then glued to a board with Sveta's handprints all over it. Here are some of the highlights:

I think Grandma is____ years old. 60
My favorite thing to do with Grandma is____. Play kitten
My favorite thing she cooks is____. Goppa's hamburgers. (This is funny because Grandma doesn't cook those... I do)
Grandma's favorite thing to do to relax is____. Read books
Grandma's really good at____. Making stuff, food, hamburgers
When Grandma grows up she wants to be_____. A princess
I like it when Grandma_____. Smiles
Grandma's favorite food is_____. I think it's Goppa's hamburgers
When Grandma has extra time she_____. Works all over the house

This is a real glimpse into the mind of a 5 year old. This didn't make the list, but I heard she asked her mommy, "After the baby comes, are you still going to take care of me?" Awwww... you can't blame the poor little thing for being worried. She's been through so much in her young life, it's no wonder she thinks she may get replaced.

I'm pretty sure mommy will have plenty of love to go around with lots to spare. Happy Mothers Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment