Thursday, July 3, 2014

Sagging

I don't know what you call it, but I call it sagging. Sagging is the practice of wearing one's pants below the waistline so that underwear is visible. Some cases are mild (in other words these guys wear their pants lower than normal and the elastic waistband of their boxer shorts is visible). That's bad enough in itself. However, some guys wear their pants completely below their rear ends. I don't know how they even walk. It looks utterly ridiculous and shows complete disrespect for everyone and everything. When you are walking down the street, I don't want to see your drawers and I definitely don't want to see your butt crack. This was a particular problem in my class this year. I had a group of sixth grade boys that I asked to pull up their pants more often than I care to even remember. You may be thinking I should have asked them to get a belt. It doesn't matter. They cinch their belt around their thighs instead of their waists. It was maddening and I really could do nothing to stop it. I would ask them to pull up their pants (which they would), but 30 seconds later their pants had sagged south again.

This trend has been around way too long. I hoped this practice would have gone out of style (like parachute pants, bell bottoms etc...), but it hasn't. It has withstood the test of time. The guy that wrote the sign below has things figured out. I don't know him, but I like him already!

Here's what it looks like:


Apparently I'm not the only one who feels this way. It's a big enough problem for signs to be posted and city ordinances and laws to be passed














Three cheers for this guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment