Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Counting DOWN

I've said many times this is not a weight loss blog, but it is a blog for whatever happens to be on my mind at any given moment. Today my diet is on my mind. I have been struggling lately. Struggling with cravings and the desire to eat something that is absolutely horrible for me. Thankfully I am happy to report I have resisted all cravings and temptations to cheat on my diet. I have stayed the course and have pushed through times when I was hungry and there weren't many healthy options around for me. Tami and I always say a diet is a marathon, not a sprint. In a marathon a slow, steady pace is better than trying to finish too fast. The same is true for a diet. Slow steady weight loss is better than dropping a bunch of weight quickly. In a marathon there are times when you feel like giving up and saying the heck with it. The same is true for a diet. Many times I've wanted to say the heck with it and just eat whatever I want. In a marathon there are highs and lows. The same is true for a diet. Today I am thankful for resisting the urge to cheat on my diet. My current weight loss total is 35 pounds. I am now more than halfway to my goal. I have never had an exact total in mind, but the target weight loss is somewhere between 50 and 60 pounds. Either way, I can now start counting down. (For example, I can now say I have X amount of pounds to lose to reach my goal). And as always there are other benefits to losing weight. Primarily it's improved health and the reduction of health risks that come with being overweight. There is also the added benefit of being able to fit into some of my clothes that I was busting out of last year. I am no longer limited to my "Fat Pants" and shirts that hide my protruding gut. I can now almost wear whatever is in my closet. Almost. The closer I get to my goal, the more wardrobe options I'll have.

Today is a good day. I've got my spare tire on the run and I plan on eliminating it completely. The middle age spread will soon be a thing of my past and I hope I never have to deal with it again.

Now if you'll excuse me. I have some rabbit food to eat for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment