Saturday, August 22, 2015

Next stop 40

I haven't eaten anything unhealthy in a long time. I have gone the whole summer without pizza, hamburgers, buffalo wings, bread, french fries, ice cream, cake, pie, doughnuts, fried chicken (or fried anything else for that matter) fast food and many other foods I dearly enjoy. My beer and wine consumption has been extremely limited as well. I won't say I haven't had any at all, but I certainly haven't had as much as I would like. With the diet, the beat rolls on. As of this morning I've lost 38 pounds and I am going to work like crazy to get to 40. I'd like to reach that milestone by the end of the month. That gives me 9 days. The goal is definitely attainable. I still haven't decided if my final goal is going to be a loss of 50 or 60 pounds. I'll know when I get a little closer. Even after losing nearly 40 pounds I still have some flab to eliminate. Sadly that lets you know just how bad I allowed things to get. It does feel good to get that part of my life back under control. I never want to be 60 pounds overweight again. I want to be around for a long time to see my other two kids get married and to watch all my grandchildren grow up.

Just remember the two cardinal rules:

1. Stop eating junk!
2. Get off your lazy butt and move!

It has certainly worked for me!

Look out, 40! Here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment