Tuesday, August 4, 2015

School Food

That's it. It's all over. The end of the line. Summer is over :-(

Tomorrow I start getting my classroom ready for the upcoming school year *sigh*.

Education and students aside, one of the biggest challenges for me at work this year is going to be continuing my diet and maintaining the results of the hard work I've done this summer. It has been difficult losing thirty pounds. It would not be difficult to put those pounds right back on.

The teachers lounge is notorious for always having snacks and treats available. As a "stress eater", I am known to frequent the lounge and eat even when I'm not hungry. I need to change this habit. To combat the urge to consume cake, pie, doughnuts, chips and every other snack known to mankind, I have devised a plan of action. Have a nutritious breakfast (oatmeal or whole grain cereal), low calorie snacks and a sensible lunch. Avoid the junk that is always laying around. Planning ahead is the key here and that's exactly what I'm doing. I've sacrificed too much this summer to give it all back.

And speaking of food... teachers are extremely generous with food. I know in some work places there are problems with people stealing food. They are known as refrig-a-raiders. In fact, in some places it is such a problem, it inspired the invention seen below. Thank goodness this has never been a problem at my school. I can't imagine someone stealing another person's food. How low can you get? If you want some of my leftover lasagna, just ask. I'll give it to you. No need to raid it from the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment