Tuesday, August 18, 2015

The right choice?

I know it's only been one day, but early indications say I made the right choice in transferring to 4th grade. My first impression is that fourth graders are more like impressionable children and less like pubescent pre-teens with nothing but hormones and attitude (also known as 6th graders). I'm not saying teaching 4th grade will be without its difficulties (it will have plenty of trials and tribulations I'm sure), but I think the problems will be less severe than those that came with teaching 6th grade. I realize there will be a honeymoon period and some of these little darlings will come out of their shells once they feel comfortable. But for now I think I made a favorable decision. I will certainly report more later as information becomes available. In short, I guess I felt like a new man today. Perhaps this is the rejuvenation I needed to propel myself through the next ten years.

No comments:

Post a Comment