Sunday, August 9, 2015

Tami hit me

Tami hit me today. Most of you are probably thinking, "Well, I'm sure you deserved it!".

So, what did I do to warrant a wallop from my wife? Did I snap at her? Did I look at another woman? Did I lie to her? The answers are no, no, and no. In fact, would it surprise you if I told you she hit me while we were sitting in church? It's true. I was sitting quietly, listening to the sermon and following along in my Bible. I was totally absorbed in the message when suddenly Tami slapped me in the arm. My first reaction was to question what I had done wrong. If a guy sitting in church reading his Bible gets slapped by his wife, there is no hope of ever staying out of the doghouse. My startled look must have been comical. My questioning look must have said, "What in the heck was THAT for?". Her answer was simple... "Mosquito". Apparently there was a vicious, bloodsucking insect about to make a meal out of me right in the middle of the sermon. Without any warning, Tami eliminated the threat. I was thankful, but her swat on my sleeve about scared me to death!

So, all hope is not lost. I did not do anything in church to deserve a smack from my loving wife. She was merely squashing a mosquito... with force!

No comments:

Post a Comment