Monday, August 24, 2015

Run Goppa, Run!

After our trip to the zoo Saturday, we decided to have dinner out. While waiting for our table, the kids played in a grassy area near the restaurant. Elliott spent the whole time running in circles, but didn't want to hog all the fun for himself. He wanted me to join him. He kept saying, "Run Goppa, run!". I didn't have the heart to tell him the only time Goppa runs is when somebody is chasing him. So what do you do when your grandson tells you to run? You run! I ran in circles until I was dizzy and then stopped. Every time I stopped I heard the same thing. "Run Goppa, run!". That little guys is a bundle of endless energy and his favorite thing to do is run... and he does it a lot. I also realized that dropping 38 pounds does't mean I am still 22 years old. Running is something I don't do anymore unless my grandson tells me to.

"Run Goppa, run!" brought to mind that famous line from Forrest Gump. "Run Forrest, run!"

No comments:

Post a Comment