Monday, December 30, 2013

Brrrr!

Here in Indiana we have been fortunate to have unseasonably warm weather the last few days. Unfortunately all good things must come to an end. I woke up this morning to a dusting of snow and more seasonable cold weather. My disdain for winter has been well documented on these pages. I have made very public my desire to retire as soon as I am eligible and move to warmer climates in the cold, dreary winter months. I have tried to find some redeeming quality in winter, but as of yet, that search has turned up empty. I don't enjoy snuggling under a blanket with hot cocoa and a good book. I don't enjoy looking out the window at a fresh layer of newly fallen snow. I don't enjoy walking outside and being assaulted by bone chilling air. I don't enjoy waking up in the morning and feeling the cold floor on my bare feet. I don't enjoy feeling the cold toilet seat on my bare bottom. I don't enjoy shoveling the white death out of my driveway and I certainly don't enjoy driving in it. In about three days my mom and Cliff will be headed to florida for four months. I tell you, I wish I was going with them. Winter is just getting started. I shudder (and shiver) to think what I am facing between now and spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment