Friday, December 6, 2013

Snow Day!

I woke up this morning to a phone call saying school was closed. YES! A snow day on a Friday! An unexpected 3 day weekend! What a sweet deal! I must admit I was surprised. Then I looked outside and understood why. There was an accumulation of ice already and there is a forecast for 4-6 inches of snow later this afternoon. Snow is bad enough to drive in, but ice is a different beast entirely. At least in snow an experienced driver can employ certain cautions and strategies to safely navigate the roads. On ice, those same cautions and strategies go out the window. There really is no way to safely navigate a solid sheet of ice. Even if there was, I don't trust 99% of the other drivers on the road. I've always said if people were smart, driving in inclement weather would not be as big a deal as it is.

A check of the local school closings list revealed most (if not all) schools in the Greater Cincinnati and surrounding area are closed. It appears nobody wanted to deal with the headache of getting students safely home after a day of snow and ice.

Winter is here and it has blown in with a vengeance. Oh well, I guess I'll make the most of this unexpected gift of an unscheduled day off. I'll settle in with some coffee, read my Bible and maybe tackle a household job that has been neglected for far too long. Or perhaps I'll just plop my lazy behind on my recliner and watch the snow fall outside the window. Hmmm... decisions, decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment