Sunday, December 15, 2013

I dare you!!!

For the second time this week I am going to dare you to watch a video without crying. I don't think you can do it. I know I couldn't.

 A bit of a disclaimer--- The video is 9 minutes long. I almost never watch any video that's longer than 2 minutes. Trust me, folks. This one is worth it. I don't recommend videos very often, so hopefully you'll believe this one won't be a waste of time. This video is about 96 year old Fred. He had just lost his wife, Lorraine, after 75 years together. Although he was neither a musician nor a singer, he wrote a song called, "Sweet Lorraine". Hopefully what unfolds after that will touch your heart as it did mine. I guess what really brought me to tears was the thought of how empty my life would be without my wife. I just love her so much and the idea of going through life without her is painful. Compared to Fred and Lorraine, Tami and I have been married a scant 22 years. I hope we both live long lives and we can share so much more together. Hopefully we're just getting started. Enjoy the video and don't forget the tissues.

No comments:

Post a Comment