Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Hallelujah!

I love music. It's that simple. Rock, country, pop, bluegrass, barbershop, old time gospel, contemporary Christian, vocal, instrumental, or classical. You name it, I probably like it. The exception is hip-hop or rap. I just can't seem to find any enjoyment in that stuff. Although I enjoy many different kinds of music, I do have a couple of pieces that are my absolute favorites. One of these is The Hallelujah Chorus from Handel's "Messiah". Very few musical pieces move me to tears, but this piece of music makes me cry every time. I sob when I listen to it and have to fight back tears when I perform it. I think it's because it's so beautiful, so much fun to sing and completely glorifies God with its very words. I'll even go so far as to say that I want this piece of music played at my funeral. Simply because I love it and it is so full of praise and majesty for God. There is no piece of music I've ever heard that moves me like the Hallelujah Chorus. With that being said, I really enjoyed the light-hearted performance in the video I've posted. Silent Monks "perform" one of the greatest choral pieces ever written. How? Watch the video to find out :-) As always, Soli Deo Gloria!

No comments:

Post a Comment