Tuesday, December 10, 2013

What a snow job!

Well, my school had another snow day today. You may think this makes me happy, but it doesn't. Quite the contrary. Allow me to explain...

I was awakened this morning to a phone call informing me of a 90 minute delay. I got up, got ready for work and hopped in the car for what I knew would be an adventure-filled commute to work. My prediction was correct. The roads were a mess and I slipped and slid all the way. The drive took more than three times as long as usual. I finally arrived safely after praying that I wouldn't skid into a ditch or into another car. Once at school I proceeded to prepare my lessons for the day. Then it happened... my phone rang again. You guessed it. Our 90 minute delay was changed to a closing. UGH! I then reversed my steps and slipped and slid all the way back home. The saving grace was the lighter traffic I encountered as I was driving away from the city during the morning rush. Driving in the snow when I didn't need to wasn't the only reason I didn't like having a snow day. I also didn't like burning our second snow day in a week. We are only given three. After three snow days we are required to make up any additional days at the end of the school year... in June. All I can say about that is NO THANK YOU! No more snow please. I'd prefer to go to school in January rather than June.

No comments:

Post a Comment