Friday, December 27, 2013

Zzzzzz!

Sleep is a funny thing. When you're young it's the last thing you want to do. Kids do not want to sleep... ever! When you're a teenager, it's one of your three favorite activities. The other two being hanging out with friends and eating. When you're a young adult you want to sleep, but your job and young children keep you from it. Now as an older adult I have the opportunity to sleep in on weekends and vacations, but I can't. My bodily functions and general old age won't allow it. Now I seem to fall asleep when I'd rather stay awake. When I have the chance to sleep, I can't. When I don't have the chance to sleep, I feel like I could sleep all day. UGH! I can't seem to win.

I used to laugh at the old people who would fall asleep in their easy chairs at family gatherings. It's not so humorous anymore. As an old guy with a comfortable recliner and a new hand-made blanket from my mother-in-law, I completely understand now. I fall asleep in my chair every single night. I am so comfortable that I usually sleep in my chair for several hours before waking temporarily to stagger in a sleepy stupor to bed. It could be argued that I spend more time sleeping in my chair than in my own bed. I love my recliner!


No comments:

Post a Comment