Sunday, March 16, 2014

Better than expected

Tami and I went to see Abby in "The Music Man" last night. I have a confession to make. I was expecting the show to be sub-par at best. I will be the first to point out I was wrong (although my wife is usually the first one to point that out) and I was definitely wrong. The show was really good. Unlike some other high school performances I've sat through, this one was very entertaining. A true pleasure to watch. Of the three musicals Abby has been in, this one was by far the best. Off all the plays Abby has been in, "The Music Man" is second only to "The Best Christmas Pageant Ever". The only part I found disappointing was the barbershop quartet. However, to the boys' credit, barbershop music can be difficult to sing for inexperienced singers. They made a fine effort and it did not detract from the show one bit.

All in all it was a good show and a fun evening.

Bravo, Abby! Bravo!

1 comment:

  1. Well you would know about good barbershop quartet music ;)

    ReplyDelete