Friday, March 21, 2014

The world didn't end

When I got home from school today I found that our internet was down. No problem... I can wait. It should come back up soon... right? I'm still waiting... It will come back up any time now, right? I'm still waiting... is it time to panic? No, not yet. The internet will be back online soon. Is it back on yet? No? Okay now it's time to panic! How can I live without the internet? How can I check the news? I can I check the scores of the NCAA tournament? How can I check my e-mail? How can I type a blog post? Oh my goodness! This is terrible! I need the internet right now!

Okay, maybe this is a bit of an exaggeration... but I think you get the idea. Once you get used to having internet access, it's a bit unsettling when it disappears... if only for a little while. Tonight the internet was only down for 5 hours, but it might as well have been 5 weeks. The wait seemed endless. In reality being without the internet for 5 hours is no big deal, but that's easy to say now that it's back up and running.

No comments:

Post a Comment