Wednesday, March 12, 2014

WWW.25years.com

The Internet! The world wide web. The information super highway. The web. The net.

It doesn't matter what name it has... it turns 25 years old today. The internet has more than revolutionized life. It has made maps, phone books, newspapers, magazines, mail, letters, encyclopedias, atlases, almanacs and a million other things obsolete. We pay our bills on the internet. We check the weather, track storms on radar, check movie listings, shop for gifts and even order pizza on it. The internet is AMAZING. It's difficult to imagine life without it.

For my kids and grandkids who have never known life without computers, e-mail, iPods, laptops, tablets, iPhones, Smart phones, Androids, and the web itself...I can't wait to blow their minds when I tell them I'm older than the internet.

And to think... I was so excited when my family got a cordless phone. My how times have changed!

No comments:

Post a Comment