Monday, March 10, 2014

Chicken!

"I want chickens". It's a simple enough statement. One I didn't give much heed to at the beginning. I thought she was joking at first, but the more she talked about it, the more I realized she was serious.

Tami made that statement and she wasn't talking about frozen chicken from the grocery store. She was talking about real, live, clucking, egg laying chickens. I think I scoffed initially. The exchange went something like this:

Tami: I want chickens.

Me: Ha! Ha! Yeah, right!

Tami: I'm serious. I want some chickens.

Me: Ummm... Ok. Really? Why?

Tami: I don't know. I just think it would be fun.

Me: Okay, but I don't think our Home Owners Association would allow it.

Tami: Well, that's fine, but if we ever move I want chickens.

Me: You got it!


I have no doubt that if we ever move into a different house, we will definitely have chickens. I know this because Sveta saw some chickens at the Creation Museum last summer and ABSOLUTELY LOVED THEM!

I really don't know if we'll ever really have a chicken coop in our back yard. But I do know there is a movement out there that is getting more popular all the time. Back yard chickens are not as uncommon as you might think.

No comments:

Post a Comment