Thursday, March 27, 2014

It's a trade off

Monday is Opening Day in Cincinnati. For the first time in my life, I will be missing the Opening Day game of my beloved Cincinnati Reds. You all know of my deep love of baseball and it takes a lot to tear me away from the local quasi-holiday known as Opening Day. What's keeping me from it? My spring break cruise of course. I am not complaining mind you. Given the choice between Opening Day with the Reds or a cruise with my wife, I'll choose my wife every time. I'm not saying I won't try to find a sports pub on board to sneak a peek at the score, but I won't be glued to the TV if I find a broadcast of the game.

The Reds play 162 games in a season. Luxury cruises don't come along very often. The decision was a no brainer. Go Reds! I will be rooting for you from the middle of the Atlantic Ocean.

No comments:

Post a Comment