Friday, March 7, 2014

The Small Things

It's been a grueling week at work. A number of tough days with students coupled with some long hours made for a very long and very difficult week. But today things are looking up! It's nothing earth-shattering and it's the small things that have made the difference. In fact, the small things in life make me the happiest.

Today my students were relatively well behaved and my Friday was the least stressful day of the week. When school was out, I walked outside to a warm, sunny and beautiful day. 60° and sunny is incredible medicine for a weary soul. On the drive home I opened the sun roof, put the windows down, donned my shades, cranked up the stereo and had a gorgeous drive home. When I walked in the door I found that my wonderful wife had purchased some of my favorite adult beverages and put a few in the freezer. They were the PERFECT temperature and quite deliciously refreshing. What a great way to start my weekend!

It doesn't take much to make me happy. These small things have me feeling like I could conquer the world today.

1 comment: