Thursday, March 20, 2014

Welcome Sweet Springtime

It has been a long, difficult, brutal, grueling winter. HAS BEEN! Past tense! Winter is gone and spring quietly made its entrance today amid very little fanfare. But make no mistake... spring has definitely sprung! Hallelujah! Praise the Lord! Life comes anew and hope springs eternal! I always think of my Dad on the first day of spring because he always quoted this silly little poem (I think it's by Ogden Nash, but I'm not sure).

 Spring has sprung. The grass has riz. I wonder where all the birdies is?

 The first day of spring also makes me think of this hilarious and classic clip of Barney Fife singing in the choir. I know you all remember the song...

Welcome sweet spring time we greet thee in song!
Murmurs of gladness fall on the ear.
Voices long hushed now their full notes prolong
Echoing far and near.

Can't you just hear Barney's loud, nasally voice filling the room? This is quite possibly one of the funniest moments in TV history. Anyway, I do say welcome sweet spring time! I have waited oh so long for your arrival. Life is getting better folks. It won't be long and I will be mowing the grass and taking the cover off the pool.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment