Wednesday, March 26, 2014

One to go

It has been a TOUGH week. The last week before spring break always is. The students sense a weeklong break is close at hand and they also know the teachers are not-so-patiently awaiting the vacation ahead. But... just like a sharks, the students taste blood and are getting whipped into a feeding frenzy with only one day to go. Also like sharks in a feeding frenzy, the students are not easily contained. The best a teacher can do in times like these is to work hard to keep a lid on things and come back after the break refreshed and ready to hit the books again. I will do my best to get some teaching done tomorrow, but the day will most likely feature a battle of wills. My will is to teach, the students' will is to resist everything I throw at them. Guess who's gonna win? I'll give you a hint... don't bet on a bunch of 12 year olds.

No comments:

Post a Comment