Tuesday, March 18, 2014

The Grandma of the future

When I was growing up, both my grandmas were stereotypical, old lady grandmas. One knitted blankets, the other liked to crochet. Both liked to cook, although only one was actually good at it (Sorry, Grandma Meyer, your cooking was terrible... Spaghetti O's is not considered a side dish). Both Grandmas did regular old lady, grandma things. But that was then...

And this is now...

I think Grandmas today are a bit different. I mentioned in a previous post that I don't view my Mom (the grandmother to my kids) as an old lady. She doesn't do typical grandma things. My mom likes to go line dancing (a lot!), likes to bowl, likes to party with her friends and even plays video games (she's in a Wii bowling league in Florida). Talk about a modern Grandma of the future!

I consider Tami a grandma of the future as well. She doesn't do typical old lady things either. Heck, she's still a young woman! She doesn't knit, doesn't play BINGO, doesn't belong to a bridge or garden club, and doesn't sit in a rocking chair. She's definitely a 21st century grandma. She has a Kindle and laptop computer. Surfs the net, sends e-mail and has a Facebook account. She does some shopping online and does all of her banking online. This is not your grandma of days gone by. No sir! Tami is a cool grandma of the times.

And speaking of grandmas of the future, I leave you with this modern Grandma:

No comments:

Post a Comment