Saturday, March 22, 2014

People Change

I must be growing up (some might say, "Finally!"). This year for the first time since I was a teenager I did not fill out a March Madness bracket. Also for the first time I do not have a bracket on my refrigerator to track the progress of the tournament. In fact, other than checking in on UC, Xavier and Ohio State (they all lost their first game), I haven't even bothered to look to see who's in the tournament. I used to run a tournament pool at school too. I did it to generate interest and break the monotony of work. I didn't even do that this year.

I'm not sure if I'm growing up, if my interests are changing or if I've just lost interest entirely. It doesn't really matter... the fact remains March Madness is going on and I don't really care. Strange how something that used to get me so fired up doesn't even cause me to feel the slightest flutter of excitement anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment