Thursday, June 12, 2014

An incredible offer

I have spent much of the last two days raving about a website called Queen City Discovery. A freelance photographer named Ronny Salerno photographs and tells the story of interesting abandoned places around the Greater Cincinnati area.

Ronny is not chopped liver. Here are his credentials:

Ronny Salerno is a freelance photographer based out of Cincinnati, OH. A graduate of Northern Kentucky University, he specializes in editorial, commercial, event and fine art photography. His editorial work has been featured with ABC NewsThe Cincinnati Enquirer, Dayton Daily News, City Beat, The Cincinnati Business Courier and The Big Picture 

Well, I was so impressed with the website, I sent Ronny an e-mail praising his photojournalistic work. I also informed him of my metal detecting hobby and asked him if he ever considered the hidden history and treasures that lay inches below the ground of the sites he explored. I was thrilled when I received the following reply from him:

Dear Mick,

Thanks for writing to me and for checking out QC/D. That website has been a labor of love the past couple of years and at times it's hard to stick with it, so when I get emails like yours I really appreciate it. It's nice to know that so many other people out there appreciate this area's history. 

When I was a kid, I begged my parents for a metal detector, but never got one. I think your use of one would make an awesome story. Maybe we could go check out a site, have lunch and I could interview you about some things you've found? 

Wow! How cool is that? I may get interviewed by this guy and he may do a story on me. I am honored and flattered. This could turn into something really neat. I can't wait! 

1 comment: