Thursday, June 26, 2014

Lipstick on a pig?

You can only put things off for so long. Today I tackled a few home maintenance issues that were long overdue. I painted the back doors leading to the deck and the wooden frames around both garage doors. Honestly, I'm no painter, but I was able to apply multiple coats of paint without getting any on me or any other surface that wasn't supposed to be painted. It was quite a miracle actually. It's amazing what some fresh paint can do. It's a little bit like putting lipstick on a pig, but I must say the house is markedly improved in its appearance.

After the painting was finished, I was not too awfully tired and I was motivated to do some more chores. I was finally able to get some weeding done. That task had been neglected far too long and the jungle needed to be tamed. Mission accomplished.

Tomorrow more yard work and household chores. This is like spring cleaning only about three months late :-) The place is getting spruced up and I'm enjoying the work :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment