Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Daddy Day Care

When I was a young buck, I would follow Tami anywhere. Whether she was my girlfriend, my fiancee' or my wife... It didn't matter, I would go anywhere just to be with her. Proof of this point would be evidenced by the number of times I followed her to the mall. I hate shopping and I especially hate the mall. Tami must have been something special for me to go shopping with her. Early in our relationship I would wander behind her as she tried on clothes and shopped for hours in what seemed like every store in the whole mall. After we were married I still followed her to the mall (What can I say? Love makes a man do strange things), but my wonderful wife was tuned into my miserableness. Knowing I was only at the mall to be with her, Tami would often tell me to go to one of the restaurants, have a beverage and watch the ball game on TV. I know what you're thinking... "If Tami is shopping and you are watching the game, you're not together anyway. Why not just stay home?". Good question, and here's the simple answer. We are together in the car going to AND from the mall. We also have dinner at the restaurant when she's finished shopping. It sure beats waiting at home. Make sense?

The photo below came from a restaurant called The Gazebo. The owners of this establishment obviously have things figured out. By the way, a creche is a fancy name for a day care center. An adult day care center for the fathers at the mall. Brilliant!

No comments:

Post a Comment