Sunday, June 15, 2014

Fathers Day

Okay... let's get this settled right now. What is the proper way to write what today is? Is it....

1. Father's Day
2. Fathers' Day
3. Fathers Day

Choice 1 indicates single possessive- A day belonging to one father
Choice 2 indicates plural possessive- A day belonging to many fathers
Choice 3 indicates a straight plural with no possessive- A day for all fathers

So? Which is it? I'm voting for choice 3, but would love to hear your opinion.

Anyway, I can't let this day pass without thinking of my dad. As you know, he died at the age of 47 years and 2 months. I've already surpassed that mark and it blows me away to think about how short my dad's life really was, I miss him terribly and wish he could have lived to see his grandkids and great-grandkids. He would have been so proud!

Anyway, I want to wish all you guys a happy fathers day once again. It's a high calling being a dad. Answer that call today, gentlemen. You have no idea how long you will be on this earth. Cherish every moment with your kids and grandkids.

No comments:

Post a Comment