Friday, June 27, 2014

I joined the Mob

I joined the Mob. No, not the mafia, but The Shave Mob. More about that in a minute.

Make no mistake, folks. These are hard economic times. The price of everything is through the roof and wages are either stagnant or increasing at a much slower rate than the cost of living. The plain truth is it is tough out there. These hard times have caused me to look for ways to cut back on spending. One area I found I could trim some fat was shaving. I have a tough beard and cheap-o disposable razors just don't do the trick for me. Many years ago I discovered the joys of the Gillette Mach 3. It is a well-made, 3 blade cartridge on a quality handle. It gives me a great shave, but the cartridges have become so expensive ($3-$4 each). Considering the cartridges last about a week (usually less for me), I quickly realized I needed to search for alternatives. I tried an electric razor and it wasn't any good. Those only work for guys with wimpy beards. I tried higher end disposables and those weren't any better. I decided I needed something comparable to the Mach 3 only at a fraction of the cost.

First I looked into the Dollar Shave Club. They had really nice blade cartridges at really low prices. This seemed promising until I realized it was a subscription service. This means they bill you monthly when they send you new blades for that month. I said no thanks to that. I like to buy stuff on an "as needed" basis. Then I looked into a place called The Shave Mob. They had similar blade cartridges comparable to the price of Dollar Shave Club. What set The Shave Mob apart was there was no subscription. You make an initial order and then order replacement blades when you need them, not when some company decides to send you more. I was sold. I placed my order last week. I got a handle and 12 blade cartridges for $17.99. No tax and free shipping. 12 Mach 3 blades would run $40-$50. My new shaving supplies arrived yesterday. Luckily I was sporting a pretty decent five o'clock shadow, so I decided to give my new razor a test run. In a matter of moments the verdict was in... SMOOTH! A nice, close shave. I think I hit a home run with this one. These 12 blades will probably last me close to a year (I also sharpen my disposable blades). Over the long haul I will save a pretty penny with The Shave Mob.

Here's a bit more... The Mob sells 3 or 4 different types of cartridges, so they probably have something similar to what you use now. All the cartridges fit one handle so you can order different types without having to get a whole new handle. I know there are some ladies who read this blog. I haven't forgotten you in this post. The Shave Mob also sells razors for ladies. I don't know much about them, but they look similar to the expensive Venus or Daisy razors you see in retail stores. Ladies, same deal as the men. I know your blade cartridges aren't cheap. I guarantee The Shave Mob will save you money and I don't think you have to sacrifice on the quality of your shave.

Here's the bottom line --- I HIGHLY recommend looking into The Shave Mob. I truly believe you won't be sorry. Why not save a few bucks. I think I've hit on something good here. Give it a try. You'll be glad you did.

Click here for The Shave Mob



No comments:

Post a Comment