Sunday, January 5, 2014

All good things...

It's said all good things must come to an end. So it is with my God sent, very enjoyable Christmas vacation. As I type this it is Sunday evening and I am staring a return to the grind right in the face. I'd be lying if I said I was okay with going back to work. I'm not. It's so difficult to go back to reality when I've been off for so long. As the evening wears on, I feel like I'm hanging off a steep cliff by my fingertips. With each passing hour it feels like another finger loses its grip. Tomorrow morning when the alarm sounds, I will feel like I've fallen off the cliff completely.












It's not that I mind working. I really don't. It's just that the job is so stressful, it's tough to get myself motivated. Teachers have become society's whipping boys and that's not a pleasant place to be. The American family is disintegrating before our very eyes. Many students and parents refuse to take personal responsibility for their actions and want to blame the schools. More specifically they want to pin the responsibility on the administrators and teachers. It really is sad. If more people would just step up and seize the opportunity for a free, quality education, the world would be a better place.



















Along with record setting low temperatures in the forecast, there is also a good chance of snow overnight. The possibility of a snow day crept into my mind, but rationale prevailed when I decided it would only delay the inevitable. I would much rather get a snow day in February than extend Christmas vacation by a day. I'm just going to bite the bullet and go into my classroom tomorrow and be the best teacher I can be. As always, prayers are appreciated.

Soli Deo Gloria!


No comments:

Post a Comment