Saturday, January 25, 2014

Still some good ones

Just when you think the world is a terrible place and everybody is only looking out for themselves, something occurs that changes that view.

This happened to me today. After 4 inches of snow fell overnight, I went out to shovel the white death out of my driveway. I hadn't been shoveling very long when a guy pulled up in a big, new tractor with a snow blade attached. He asked if I needed a hand. Thinking he was trying to make a few bucks, I politely declined and said I had the situation under control. He said he wasn't charging anything and it would only take a few minutes. As I leaned on my shovel, I watched this kind gentleman plow my driveway. He accomplished in three minutes what would have taken me well over an hour. When he was finished I thanked him profusely. He told me it was no trouble and smiled as he said he was looking for an excuse to play with his new tractor anyway.

There are still good and decent people in the world. My aching back is grateful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment