Tuesday, January 28, 2014

State of the Union

President Obama will deliver his annual State of the Union address tonight. I had to laugh when I saw the headline on CNN today.

State of the Union: FRIGID!

I also read about the President issuing an Executive Order today. He wants to raise the minimum wage for federal employees and is going to do it without congressional approval. The President boldly stated he has a pen and a phone (implying he will issue more Executive Orders with no regard for the United States Congress or the U. S Constitution). Call me crazy, but doesn't this fly in the face of the system of checks and balances (designed to balance the power between the three branches of government)? Knowing the President is trying to circumvent any obstacles to his agenda, it caused me to imagine the following pretend scenario:

Mr. President, have you ever heard of the Constitution?

Of course! That's a three masted, wooden warship used during the War of 1812. Its nickname is "Old Ironsides".

Uh-huh! That's what I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment