Saturday, January 18, 2014

Freezing Up Here!

Let me say this succinctly and frankly. I...... Hate...... Winter......!!!!! Get the message? Loud and clear? 10-4? I hate it, despise it, abhor it, loathe it, resent it, detest it, and any other adjective that describes a complete disdain for something. I am sick of shoveling snow. I am sick of freezing my tail off. I am sick of gloomy, dreary, dismal days and dark nights. I am sick of ice. I am sick of everything that has anything to do with cold weather or winter. There is nothing and I mean NOTHING that I like about winter. And no, the snow is NOT beautiful! I don't want to hear anything about curling up under a blanket with a good book. I don't want to hear how nice it is to snuggle next to a crackling fire. The bottom line is there are no redeeming qualities to this miserableness we call winter.

It's for the reasons listed above my Mom and Cliff head to Florida this time of year. They are quite fortunate to be able to enjoy the warmth of the Sunshine State during the drudgery of January, February and March. Every minute of every day I wish Tami and I could be down there with them.

I have a running joke with my Mom. Every time I call her I don't even say hello. I just yell, "WE'RE FREEZING UP HERE!" And we are freezing up here.

No comments:

Post a Comment