Monday, January 6, 2014

Rocky Mountain High



I'm guessing this is not what John Denver had in mind when he wrote the song, "Rocky Mountain High". The law in Colorado legalizing the sale and use of marijuana went into effect last week. This is just another instance of the world going to "you know where" in a hand basket. I shouldn't be, but I am flabbergasted that a recreational drug like this is now legal. Those who think this drug is harmless and will not cause any problems are fooling themselves. It may take a good number of years, but there WILL be consequences to legalizing marijuana. These consequences will be both short term AND long term. In order to keep from boring you, I will spare the sermon about the effects of drugs on people and society. You know as well as I do what they are. Legalizing marijuana will not eliminate those consequences, but will only serve to make it easier to suffer them. Meanwhile, "Pot Heads" nationwide will flock to Colorado to get Rocky Mountain High. What is this world coming to? This once great nation is not the nation of my father or grandfather. This is only another symptom of a nation in rapid decline. Sad.

I leave you with this humorous depiction of the very first legal purchase of marijuana in Colorado:



No comments:

Post a Comment